May 27, 2012

I Live For Long Walks On The Beach

I had wanted to go to the beach on Saturday, but that didn't go as according to planned. We decided to do it Sunday after church instead and spend Saturday with the boyfriend's family, watching Star Wars! Today didn't go exactly as planned, but it was still a nice day.  First, we went to church and I got a lot of hugs, like usual. My voice kept cracking while I was singing, which was annoying and I got to see so many people that I had missed since I had not been there in awhile.  

After church, the boyfriend and I were hungry, so we stopped at Chipotle to get some Mexican food. Tacos, burrito, quesadilla, and chips. Yummy <3 Finally, we were on our way to the beach! When we got there, the boyfriend took a nap in the car while I finished reading my book.  When he woke up, we went down to the sand and walked and walked.
Along the way, we met this couple who asked me to take their picture, so I did. They were pretty good pictures if I do say so myself. However, I'm still a Nikon Girl (they had a Canon. Blech).  Next, we found some rocks, were we stopped and sat down for a while, taking TONS of pictures of course. The water was getting kind of high though and splashing the boyfriend's back when he was sitting there, so we moved on. A little farther, we found passed a graffiti covered staircase.
Beyond the staircase, there were a little jellyfish all over the shore because it has been so windy lately and I found a Seaweed Monster! His name is Skeeter. We walked a little farther, then we sat down and watched the waves until we decided it was time to go back to the car. We decided to go up to the road because it would be faster and we discovered that the road had been closed because of all the sand in the road, also due to the wind!
Finally, we got to the car and we waited until sunset while the boyfriend ate his burrito (I may have had a few bites ;]).  When the sun began setting, I jumped out of the car and took pictures of the gorgeous sky over the ocean.  Today was such a good day. I'm glad I got to spend it with my best friend. :]


2 comments:

  1. I want to go <3 looks peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? now that I'm back in Cali, boyfriend and I need to make a beach trip...and soon!

      Delete